A long time has gone by without a release of WP-Table Reloaded, but now, a new version of the plugin is ready. The automatic update for WP-Table Reloaded 1.9 should be available in your WordPress Dashboard shortly.
UPDATE: Due to a bug in the update handling that could arise in certain scenarios, version 1.9.1 has been released with a quick fix.
There are no really big new features, but the included changes should be very handy for a lot of people:
- feature: option to have the generated table HTML cached in a WordPress transient for faster page generation
- feature: Tables can get additional custom CSS classes, e.g. for easier layout and styling, and grouping tables.
- enhancement: adjustments to make the plugin work better with WordPress 3.1
- enhancement: Add cell content as a parameter for the CSS class filter
- enhancement: Additional ID-based CSS classes for the table name and description texts
- enhancement: cleaned up and optimized some code
- languages: Added Dutch and Indonesian, updated other languages
Personally, I really like the caching feature, because with that, generated table HTML code can now be cached, so that subsequent page loads are faster (HTML generation is not very fast and only necessary when a table is updated). Also, the custom CSS classes for tables should help a lot of people, because with them, styling tables with existing CSS code has become easier. This allows grouping of tables with the same layout more easily.
» Read more: There it is: WP-Table Reloaded 1.9.1