February 26th, 2011 by Tobias
No comments »
A long time has gone by without a release of WP-Table Reloaded, but now, a new version of the plugin is ready. The automatic update for WP-Table Reloaded 1.9 should be available in your WordPress Dashboard shortly.
UPDATE: Due to a bug in the update handling that could arise in certain scenarios, version 1.9.1 has been released with a quick fix.
There are no really big new features, but the included changes should be very handy for a lot of people:
- feature: option to have the generated table HTML cached in a WordPress transient for faster page generation
- feature: Tables can get additional custom CSS classes, e.g. for easier layout and styling, and grouping tables.
- enhancement: adjustments to make the plugin work better with WordPress 3.1
- enhancement: Add cell content as a parameter for the CSS class filter
- enhancement: Additional ID-based CSS classes for the table name and description texts
- enhancement: cleaned up and optimized some code
- languages: Added Dutch and Indonesian, updated other languages
Personally, I really like the caching feature, because with that, generated table HTML code can now be cached, so that subsequent page loads are faster (HTML generation is not very fast and only necessary when a table is updated). Also, the custom CSS classes for tables should help a lot of people, because with them, styling tables with existing CSS code has become easier. This allows grouping of tables with the same layout more easily.
» Read more: There it is: WP-Table Reloaded 1.9.1
August 5th, 2010 by Tobias
No comments »
The automatic update for WP-Table Reloaded 1.8 should be available in your WordPress admin area shortly. With that, a long period of time without an upgrade has finally ended.
- enhancement: Template tag functions now accept strings and arrays for passing parameters
- enhancement: Backwards compatibility for deprecated functions, no longer use them
- enhancement: Sort on “Edit” screen no longer moves header or footer row, if they are activated
- enhancement: Added plugin filter hook to change table content prior to rendering
- enhancement: Added “summary” attribute filter for
<table> HTML element
- enhancement: RTL-languages supported in frontend CSS
- enhancement: Adjusted default CSS for new default theme “TwentyTen”
- bugfix: Fixed search to not find table IDs with the same beginning
- bugfix: Fixed problem with certain call-by-reference functions in certain versions of PHP
- bugfix: valid HTML on “Plugin Options” screen
- bugfix: Fixed notice due to not initialized variable
- bugfix: Fixed DataTables translations for Danish and Norwegian
- languages: Added Polish and Belarusian
- languages: Added Romanian for DataTables
» Read more: It is there, finally: WP-Table Reloaded 1.8
April 13th, 2010 by Tobias
No comments »
There was a nice anniversary last week: A little bit over one year ago, the first version of WP-Table Reloaded was released in the WordPress Plugin Directory.
Since then, the plugin has steadily received attention and has become very popular:
- over 85000 downloads
- about 90 ratings
- with an average rating of 96.4%
- 14 available translations
- over 1300 comments on this website
- almost 200 threads in the WordPress Support Forums
- countless emails with questions, suggestions, ideas, bugs, feedback, and praise
At this point, the first birthday of WP-Table Reloaded, I’d like to say THANK YOU to everybody in the community who made this possible. This includes (I hope I don’t forget anyone :-) ) the users, the supporters, the code contributors, the beta-testers, the bug reporters, the translators, and especially the people who donated or sent me a gift. Thank you all very much!
» Read more: Happy Birthday WP-Table Reloaded!
March 26th, 2010 by Tobias
No comments »
A few weeks ago, I was approached with a question on whether it is possible to make the textfields on the “Edit” screen of a table wider, to allow for an easier editing of long text. As this might also interest other people, I decided to publish the solution as a WP-Table Reloaded Extension.
» Read more: Extension 7: Textfield widths on the “Edit” page
March 16th, 2010 by Tobias
No comments »
After six weeks without an update, a new version of WP-Table Reloaded can be downloaded: The automatic update for WP-Table Reloaded 1.7 should be available in your WordPress admin area shortly.
As already mentioned in the beta test announcement post, the changes are:
- feature: add “Table” button to the visual editor (TinyMCE)
- enhancement: add option for initial number of rows per pagination page
- enhancement: add value “all” to the four Shortcode parameters show_rows, hide_rows, show_columns, hide_columns
- enhancement: add WP-Table Reloaded screen icon to all plugin screens and the Top-Level menu entry
- enhancement: add two template tag functions that return the output instead of echoing it
- bugfix: fix problem with admin menu parent pages, make them ready for WP 3.0
- bugfix: import/replace replaces only data; name, description, options, and visibility settings are kept
- languages: added French, Chinese (Simplified), Russian, and Ukrainian
- a few minor changes, fixes, code clean-ups, and optimizations
» Read more: New update available: WP-Table Reloaded 1.7