Just a few weeks after WP-Table Reloaded 1.5, a new version is out. The automatic update for WP-Table Reloaded 1.6 should be available in your WordPress admin area shortly.
To start the New Year with a bang, there are a few great new features, that I know a lot of people have been waiting for:
- Support for combining cells with “rowspan” and “colspan”
- The WP Search will now also search and find search terms in tables.
- Possibility to select the plugin language, independent from the rest of WordPress
- Row Highlighting (change the background-color when hovering a row with the mouse)
- Option to show an “Edit Table” link on the frontend for logged-in users
- Select the position of table name and description (i.e. where it is printed)
- huge internal plugin restructuring for easier development in the future
- fixed a few smaller bugs (for IE users, in row hiding, and HTML validation)
- Important: Support for the outdated WordPress 2.7 was dropped (so upgrade to WP 2.9 first!)
Especially the cell combining and search features should add a lot of value to the plugin, so thanks to everybody who tested them or provided ideas on them!
Here’s an example of a table with combined cells, created with WP-Table Reloaded 1.6:
[table id=5 /]
There was also a small change in the HTML output of tables (for experts: The “cellspacing”, “cellpadding”, and “border” attributes are no longer set in HTML, but were added to the Default CSS instead.) This should make styling of these elements easier.
You should also check out the new WP-Table Reloaded Extensions, small code snippets that can be used to add further functions to the plugin.
Additionally the plugin documention was updated, enhanced and extended.
If you like the plugin, I’d be very happy if you would rate it in the WordPress Plugin Directory. You might also consider a donation or have a look at my Amazon wishlist. This will encourage me to further develop the plugin and keep giving countless hours of support. Thank you!
If you experience any trouble, find bugs or have feature requests, please don’t hesitate to contact me via the means mentioned in the support section. Please make sure to carefully read the plugin’s page as well as the Documentation. A lot of questions are already answered in the Frequently Asked Questions section.
I hope you enjoy the new features! :-)