I just finished up WP-Table Reloaded 1.5. The automatic update should be available through your WordPress admin area shortly.
If you are updating from a previous version, please read the instructions below!
Here are some of the new features and changes:
- heavily redesigned the “Edit Table” screen: bulk operations for inserting, deleting, …, warning message if changes not yet saved
- added features to the “Plugin Options”: set access requirements (user roles) to the plugin and the Options, Change position of the plugin in the admin menu
- better loading/inclusion of CSS
- export/import a dump file (with ALL tables/options/settings at once)
- many, many plugin filters and actions for plugin customisation
Unfortunately I also had to drop a few translations, because they have not been updated in a while. But thanks to the translators for their work!
Most people shouldn’t care, but this might be important for some users: Version 1.5 does no longer support WordPress 2.6! You will need to run WordPress 2.7 or newer! And already an announcement: WP-Table Reloaded 1.6 will require WordPress 2.8 or newer! So I recommend updating to WordPress 2.9, which just came out, soon.
Special thanks go to Pavel aka Separatista for his tremendous support in finding many bugs and doing the Czech translation!
These instructions only apply if you update the plugin from a previous version.
- Immediately after updating, check if your tables show up correctly. Then proceed with these steps:
- The new DataTables library will not automatically be enabled for you. You can enable it (which I recommend) in the “Plugin Options”. Make sure, all tables show up ok afterwards!
- CSS loading was changed. Because of that the Custom CSS textarea in the “Plugin Options” now only needs your very own customisations as the Default CSS will be loaded from a file. So, if you have not changed the Custom CSS before and did not add anything, copy the contents of the Custom CSS textarea into a temporary file and remove all text from the textarea and save the options. Check if your tables show up correctly. If yes, you can delete the temporary file, if not, restore the contents. If you did add customisations, only those need to be left in the textarea, commands that were not added by you can be removed.
- If everything is still ok, you’re good to go and enjoy the new features! :-)
If you like the plugin, I’d be very happy if you would rate it in the WordPress Plugin Directory. You might also consider a donation or have a look at my Amazon wishlist. This will encourage me to further develop the plugin and keep giving countless hours of support. Thank you!
If you experience any trouble, find bugs or have feature requests, please don’t hesitate to contact me via the means mentioned in the support section. Please make sure to carefully read the plugin’s page as well as the Documentation. There will also be a page with Frequently Asked Questions available shortly.
Have fun with the new features!
And by the way: I’ll have a special surprise for everybody on Christmas! :-)