January 27th, 2013 by Tobias No comments »
After almost exactly a year without updates to WP-Table Reloaded, you might have been wondering what’s going on. The explanation is easy: WP-Table Reloaded is now much better, but has gotten a new name: TablePress
Over the last months, I’ve been busy rewriting WP-Table Reloaded from scratch, using state-of-the-art techniques and technologies. This also allowed me to throw away some cruft in the code base, and as I have also integrated many enhancements and new features, I felt that a new name for the plugin was appropriate. Therefore, consider this the official announcement:
WP-Table Reloaded has been replaced by TablePress!
For more information, please see the official TablePress website at tablepress.org and the plugin’s page in the WordPress Plugin Directory.
If you are a new user, and haven’t used WP-Table Reloaded before, please proceed with TablePress straight away, and do not use WP-Table Reloaded. If you are currently using WP-Table Reloaded, I recommend that you switch to TablePress in the next months. WP-Table Reloaded will no longer be supported and will be phased out in favor of TablePress. Switching from WP-Table Reloaded is very easy: Just follow the migration guide.
December 5th, 2013 by Tobias No comments »
This summer, I had the chance to attend and speak at an awesome WordCamp Chicago 2013. In my session I spoke about some mistakes that I had made while developing the WP-Table Reloaded plugin and how it was replaced by TablePress. It ended up being a rather personal talk with some history and background on the plugins, so I guess that the title “Tales of a Plugin Developer (Or: Don’t repeat my mistakes, please!)” was justified :-) » Read more: Video of my talk at WordCamp Chicago 2013
January 27th, 2013 by Tobias No comments »
A new release is available for WP-Table Reloaded. The automatic update for version 1.9.4 should be available in your WordPress Dashboard shortly.
You can download WP-Table Reloaded 1.9.4 from the plugin’s page or from the WordPress Plugin Directory.
Please also note that WP-Table Reloaded is being discontinued and will no longer be developed. Instead, it will be officially replaced with TablePress, which not only fixed many problems, but also has better and new features. Please read this announcement for more information and switch from WP-Table Reloaded to TablePress soon.
January 5th, 2012 by Tobias No comments »
A Happy New Year to everyone! 2012 starts with a maintenance release of WP-Table Reloaded. The automatic update for version 1.9.3 should be available in your WordPress Dashboard shortly.
I’m especially happy about the improved integration in the WordPress search, which should lead to better search results when searching for content in tables. Also, a small change in the default CSS code (thanks to Allan Jardine) should lead to less trouble with blank space below tables (which some users experienced).
The other changes in WP-Table Reloaded 1.9.3 mostly consist of bugfixes and improvements:
- enhancement: reduce problems with blank space below tables, caused by a no-longer necessary minimum height
- enhancement: improve behavior and returned results of integration of the WP search
- enhancement: more possibilities for developer interaction (additional plugin filters, etc.)
- bugfix: fixed naming of the sorting arrow images, which where pointing in the wrong direction
- bugfix: fixes to handling of the “Insert Image” thickbox
- IMPORTANT: Dropped support for outdated WordPress 3.0 (I always recommend using the newest version!)
- languages: Added Bulgarian
» Read more: A Happy New Year with WP-Table Reloaded 1.9.3!
September 16th, 2011 by Tobias No comments »
After almost seven long months of waiting, a new version of WP-Table Reloaded is finally available. The automatic update for version 1.9.2 should be available in your WordPress Dashboard shortly.
Unfortunately, due to time constraints from work, university studies, and family life, I was not able to publish this new version earlier, but finally had some time now. I really want to apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused, e.g. because you were affected by the fixed bugs. I did however try to keep the level of support in the WP support forums up, which hopefully compensates for this.
The changes in WP-Table Reloaded 1.9.2 include several bugfixes and improvements:
- bugfix: Correct column width of “Edit” screen input fields in Internet Explorer 9
- bugfix: Moved columns/rows were not moved to the correct place
- bugfix: Restore functionality of the “Delete” link on the “List of Tables”
- enhancement: cleaned up and optimized some code for better compatibility, adjustments to current WordPress versions
- IMPORTANT: Dropped support for outdated WordPress versions 2.8 and 2.9
- languages: Irish and Portuguese (Portugal), updated other languages
» Read more: WP-Table Reloaded 1.9.2 is available!