WP-Table Reloaded is outdated!
Extensions are code snippets that add small custom features to WP-Table Reloaded. This is made possible by several “Plugin Actions” and “Plugin Filters” that I added to the plugin.
To better understand what they are, you should read the announcement on WP-Table Reloaded Extensions.
Every now and then I’ll present and explain a WP-Table Reloaded Extension in a blog post, that you can then copy into your site, if it is interesting to you.
This is a list of all WP-Table Reloaded Extensions that I have presented in an individual blog post. In each post the purpose and function of the code is explained a little bit.
- Announcement and Foundation on Extensions
- Extension 1: Automatic URL to Links conversion
- Extension 2: Custom Name in the Admin Menu
- Extension 3: Changing the Table Shortcode
- Extension 4: Changing DataTables strings
- Extension 5: How to use PHP in table cells
- Extension 6: Showing only rows that match a filter
- Extension 7: Textfield widths on the “Edit” page
To get started with your own or with one of the presented Extensions:
- Copy the foundation code from below into a new text file.
- Save that file as “wp-table-reloaded-extensions.php”.
- Move it to the directory “/wp-contents/plugins/” of your WordPress installation on your webspace or server (but NOT into the “wp-table-reloaded” folder!)
- Activate the newly available plugin “WP-Table Reloaded Extensions” from the WordPress Plugins screen.
- Any code for an Extension has to be added to that file (below the existing code and above the closing PHP bracket
?>in the last line of code).
- Of course you can add more than one Extension to that file (I recommend to separate them by a comment line that describes what each part does.)
This is the foundation code (a so-called “Plugin Header” for a new WordPress Plugin called “WP-Table Reloaded Extensions”):
<?php /* Plugin Name: WP-Table Reloaded Extensions Plugin URI: http://tobias.baethge.com/wordpress-plugins/wp-table-reloaded-english/extensions/ Description: Custom Extensions for WP-Table Reloaded Version: 1.0 Author: YOU, Tobias Baethge */ // this is where the actual code goes
If you have questions or comments to an Extension, just leave them in the corresponding post. If you have ideas for further Extensions, just let me know! I’m also happy about feedback of any kind!